About The role Andriod developer role
They are looking to hire an entrepreneurial Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. You will work with their team of talented engineers and product team to design and build the future of education. Android programming works closely with other app development and technical teams.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will be pivotal to writing clean and efficient codes for Android applications while monitoring the performance of live apps and work on optimizing them at the code level. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Maintain, Design and build native applications for the Android platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Takes initiatives to fix issues/tech debts before assigned to him/her.
- Able to deep dive into the codebase and advise QA of possible regression impact.
- Communicates tech decisions through design docs and tech talks.
- Keeps track of industry trends and introduces the right tech/tools for a given job.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Solid experience in JAVA and Kotlin.
- Experience in Reactive programming, Asynchronous programming and Unit Testing.
- Ability to quickly learn and contribute to multiple codebases.
- Excellent understanding of software engineering practices, Design Patterns, Data Structures, Algorithms.
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development.
- Have published at least three native Android apps
- Experience with Android SDK.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.