About the Backend Engineer Role
Our Off-Chain team, like all of out teams are growing and this Backend Engineer role is a big priority for us.
You’d be joining a team of 4, making you the 5th member of the Off-chain team and the first dedicated Backend Engineer. To this point the responsibility of this has fallen with the Team Lead, with the support of the Frontend focused members of the team.
The team isn’t keen of siloing people fully to just Frontend, Backend etc and extremely keen on promoting a “one team building together, utilising each others strongest elements of skills, whilst teaching and learning from each other”. They now need your Backend Engineering skills to compliment this high performing group!
- Be the primary SME on Backend Engineering issues
- Attend daily stand ups, then work autonomously to achieve success
- Be available to support your team throughout your working day, as they will be for you
- Continuously be finding ways to build a more scalable and higher quality architecture and platform
- Open to learning new ways of working and delivering
- Experience architecting components and building distributed systems, APIs, and web applications
- Solid experience of GraphQL and Typescript is essential
- Previous experience working on Ethereum from a systems perspective
Really nice if you have it
- DeFi application experience
- Basic Solidity understanding (this isn’t a Solidity Engineer role)
- Web 3
- All: TypeScript, NodeJS, Ethers.js, Hardhat, Docker, Solidity
- Frontend: React, CSS/LESS
- Backend: Graph Protocol, GraphQL
- Devops: Terraform, Bash