About the role
Branch launched in Nigeria in early 2017 and has seen rapid adoption and growth. As a company, we are passionate about our customers, fearless in the face of barriers, and driven by data. They are looking to hire a Credit and Analytic help the team achieve their goals through servant-style leadership, removing roadblocks, and clear communication.
What do you need to be considered successful?
You will help to solve analytical problems across the organization and grow profitability by proposing product and strategy changes. You will make data-driven decisions to optimize performance in various areas across the product, growth, and operations strategy. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Monitor performance and drive changes in credit policy of our Nigeria portfolio to optimize profitability and reach growth targets
- Collaborate with data science, product, marketing, collections, and engineering to propose experiments and policy changes
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to identify underlying explanations for changes in portfolio performance, develop data-driven solutions, and evaluate expected portfolio impacts
- Propose data-driven product changes to improve customer experience and company profitability. Partner with product and engineering teams to implement your solution into production
- Develop statistical models to assist in pricing and user segmentation for capital markets transactions and financial data analysis
How Important are you to the bottom line?
As an Credit and Analytics Lead, You will be responsible for developing and proposing strategies based on financial research, whilst guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the short, medium and long term.
Biggest problem-solving duties on the job
You must be able to thrive in a fast-moving, innovative, and customer-focused setting. As a company, they are passionate about their customers, fearless in the face of barriers, and driven by data.
What do you need to have done in your career?
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Fluent in SQL and Excel. Proficiency in R/Python, or similar statistical analysis tool, is a plus
- Previous experience in analytics and/or quantitative modelling, using large datasets
- Experience in analyzing, visualizing, and communicating impactful insights to management, investors, and/or auditors
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm for working across cultures, functions, and time zones
What do you stand to gain?
- Mission-driven and fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary and equity package
- A collaborative and flat company culture
- Fully-paid life and health insurance benefit with Axa Mansard (Platinum plan)
- 28 days of paid vacation days, 30 days of sick leave, bereavement leave, and periodic mental health days
- Fully paid parental leave - 6 months maternity leave and 3 months paternity leave
- Pension Benefit
- Monthly WFH stipend alongside a one time home office set-up budget
- Annual professional development budget