About the Data Analyst Role
Data & Analytics at Andela:
Data Analysts equip Andelans with the means to make data-informed decisions at every turn. This includes BI tooling and infrastructure as well as thoughtful analysis. Working closely with stakeholders, you’ll provide analysis for a myriad of problems across the supply and demand funnels as well as providing product insights. The mandate and scope of the data analyst is essentially unlimited, and ranges from business metrics to analyses that ultimately become productized. This role reports directly to the VP of Product.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with teams across the company to develop metrics and optimize against them.
- Support business teams with reporting and dashboards.
- Conduct actionable analysis and provide insights to decision makers.
- Identify and analyze trends and develop potential solutions.
- Work on a globally distributed data team across timezones to make a large impact on Andela's strategy.
Who you are:
- A self-starting, curious analyst with 2 years of experience in tech, consulting or finance
- Business-minded in addition to data savvy
- Advanced in Excel, proficient in SQL (beyond just knowing how to do inner vs. outer joins)
- Experience with relational databases (eg. PostgreSQL, BigQuery, Redshift)
- A strong communicator and team player who can distill and convey insights from complex data sets
- Adaptable and able to navigate a rapidly growing organization
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and tackle challenging problems
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Google Analytics
- High-growth startups