About the Frontend Engineer Role
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with other engineers to architect, implement, and rollout new frontend-facing features — including native mobile app, desktop app, and mobile web
- Work directly with leadership and other team members to ensure that engineering goals align with overall company goals
- Develop real-time, collaborative features that leverage web-rtc, web-sockets, xmpp, data channel, and streaming audio and video features
- Develop and update automated tests on the frontend
- Iteratively improve the frontend codebase, to ensure modules are decoupled, modularized, and testable
- Develop new integrations to improve collaboration, analysis, and productivity for teams
- Help orchestrate and deploy new releases
- Architect integral user-facing features and UX across our web application, native mobile, and desktop apps — as well as for extensions and plugins across a range of external platforms
What you should have:
- Experience working on large frontend codebases using React/Redux
- Proficiency with React, Redux, and React-native
- Experience building for mobile and response layouts
- Familiarity with debugging, profiling, and test-driven development
- Familiarity with SQL and data modeling
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming concepts
Even better if you have:
- Experience using Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience using strongly typed languages, such as Java or Kotlin
- Developing for cloud platforms, such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Familiarity with Web-RTC, including, ICE, RTCPeerConnection and websockets
- Familiarity with web technologies, such as HTTP, CSS3, HTML5
- Familiarity using web-assembly
- Join the early team of a venture-backed startup with executives that have founded multiple successful venture backed companies.
- Competitive salary + equity.
- Flexible time off policy.
- Competitive health benefits.