About the Senior Technical Support Role
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are
- You find deep satisfaction in helping others to grow and succeed.
- When unexpected things come up, or you’re under time pressure, you’re eager to rise to the occasion and help your team rise with you.
- You’re an excellent and consistent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks – even if that means having difficult conversations.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You’re a committed life-long learner and know that you have at least as much to learn from your team as they do from you.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Within your small group (4-6 team members), continually monitoring performance and providing individual feedback.
- Ensuring team members in your group meet or exceed team goals.
- Communicating regularly with other senior support/support leads so everyone is on the same page.
- Assisting with support training, including onboarding of new support team members.
- Pre-processing tickets to assess their technical difficulty and provide relevant tips before team members reply.
- Helping the support team to manage fluctuating workloads. This can include tasks such as: taking over challenging or overdue tickets, working the support inbox, providing support on public forums such as WordPress.org.
- Testing bug reports locally, and when confirmed pass them to the development team with detailed instructions.
- Pre-release quality assurance testing for updates and new releases.
- Communicating with the team and supporting your peers using chat, audio, and video.
Skills you’ll need to succeed in this role
- At least 1 year of experience managing a team of 2 or more.
- At least 2 years of experience with WordPress.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills, including a strong ability to show empathy in your writing. We believe communication is critical.
- Strong leadership with the ability to step up and take charge.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
- Talent for taking something complicated and explaining it simply.
- Ability to prioritize workloads in order to balance an assortment of tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong comprehension of HTML and CSS – you can write HTML and apply styling “from scratch”.
Bonus points if you also have
- Proven track record working in / managing a support team for WordPress plugins.
- Experience managing a team remotely.
- Experience using WPForms and/or WP Mail SMTP.
- Experience working with the services WPForms integrates with (Zapier, Mailchimp, Drip, Stripe, etc).
- Experience with WordPress development (eg themes, hooks, filters, plugin API, PHP, etc).
What Awesome Motive offers
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need, as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom branded laptop at your five-year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
Location and Hours
This is a remote position – our team is spread around the globe!
Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours — and work hours for this position — are 9am – 5pm ET (UTC -5)
- Personal computer with internet access.
- Work hours of 9am – 5pm ET.
- Ability to participate in video meetings at any time needed during work hours.